Sunday, December 4, 2011

Finals Thoughts

I am not even sure I can count the number of things that I will take away from this class. First of I learn more than I had anticipated and second of all I learned that this was a subject that I deeply care about and want to make a career from. I also got a unique perspective about West Coast environmental views and East Coast views. I think the one thing that has really changed since I began the class is my eating habits. Right before school began I decided to become a pescatarian. I was a very nutritious person before but ever since learning more about our food system I've become more and more obsessed with what I eat. I read all food labels and if anything with corn is in the first five ingredients I don't eat it. I have also given up fish since watching The Cove and discovering that by 2040 humans might not be eating fish. I think the other topic I connected with was discussing biodiversity. I never knew much about species but the book End of the Wild I found frightening and fascinating. So overall, I will take many things away form this class. Most important I will go on to be self-aware of the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment